Before I got derailed yesterday by realizing just how much I’d been spending recently, I was going to write a post about what a good week I’d had — which is still true!
1) I got paid, and pulled my emergency fund up to $4500. I have just under one month until it’s finally at goal. I can’t wait!
2) The Great Attic Cleanout of 2015 went really, really well. I had no idea how much of my old stuff was up there — I knew I had “a few boxes of books,” but oh my lord. Then, there’s my parents’ and my brother’s stuff. In the end, I cleared out:
- Nine (small, but still) boxes of books (donated to library)
- Four boxes of books (taking back with me)
- Two ancient computers, one giant heavy monitor, one dot matrix printer, and two bags of misc. paraphernalia — speakers and keyboards and whatnot (going to electronics recycling this weekend)
- About a dozen empty boxes (no, seriously, they were just up there empty; now in recycling bin)
- Three falling-apart plastic hanging clothes bags (replaced by one nice new hanging clothes bag)
- One large box of dolls/clothing/etc (taking back with me so I can repair/mend/clean and pass on to my goddaughter)
- Two large boxes of children’s and adult clothing (donated to Goodwill)
- My great-grandmother’s wedding china service (taking back with me; long story, but my family ended up with three generations of china, and this is my allotment. It’s service for 12 so I’m going to have to give more dinner parties.)
- Some miscellaneous other things
There’s still a lot up there, but I think I either am taking, or have donated, pretty much everything that was mine. And you can now see all four walls! And not trip over things trying to walk around in the middle aisle! It was a hell of a lot of work, but I feel so much better now that I’ve done everything I can possibly do for the moment.